Atlas Impact Resistant Shingles
Impact Resistant Shingle Roofing Leaders
Over time, your roof shingles experience damage and deterioration, and one of the largest contributors for this destruction is the weather. Hail and wind are major weather factors that can cause extreme damage and leave your home defenseless. So, what if there was a roofing material that could help prevent damage from the storms and lessen your need for roof repair and replacement? Well impact resistant shingles may be the solution for your home!
Many homeowners are replacing their old worn-out shingles for new, impact resistant (IR) shingles in Noblesville to help combat mother nature. But are IR shingles worth the investment? Allow Rojas Roofing to help answer these questions below, or call us today at (317) 864-6193 to schedule a free consultation! We also provide expertise in other asphalt shingle roof types, such as architectural shingle roofing systems.
What are Impact Resistant Shingles?
To obtain this superior roof shingle, Atla’s mixes the SBS with a normal shingle, binding them together and creating a rubbery, more flexible shingle, which can undergo greater impact than traditional shingles and still not crack. Utilizing the SBS formula can provide both the benefits of increasing a shingle’s impact resistance and helping it weather better over time.
What Does Class 4 Mean?
When the backing on a shingle breaks, it creates an entry point for water to potentially make its way to your underlayment, decking, and even into your home. Having shingles that are less likely to crack decreases the chance of water damage overtaking your home’s interior.
The Pros and Cons of Impact Resistant Shingles Roofing
Pros of Impact Resistant Shingles
- Increased Weather Protection: Impact Resistant shingles are designed to resist the harshest weather conditions including high wind, pounding rain and destructive hail.
- Extend The Life Of Your Roof: Not only do they protect your home from major storms, but IR shingles can last far longer than regular asphalt shingles.
- Long Term Saver: Not having to replace your roof as frequently due to the weather is both a time and money saver.
- Potential Insurance Savings: Due to the decreased risk of hail or other damages resulting from wind, insurance companies take IR shingle into consideration for insurance pricing. Ask your insurance agent about potential discounts on your homeowners insurance premiums!
Cons of Impact Resistant Shingles
- Affordability: IR shingles can cost a homeowner more than standard asphalt shingles up front, but can save you money in the long run.
- Excessive Protection: In some climates impact resistant shingles are not needed, however in Noblesville we recommend this roof type due to our harsh weather conditions.
Installing Impact Resistant Shingles The Right Way
If you are choosing to make the investment in IR shingles, do it the right way by hiring a roofing company you can trust. Find the proof within our list of many certifications, because your home remains our top priority.
It’s time to stop worrying about your roof every time a storm hits. Contact Rojas Roofing today at (317) 864-6193 to schedule a free roof consultation! Let us install the shingles your roof deserves so you can have peace even in the midst of storms.