Cedar Roofing Services for the Indianapolis Metro
We get the job done right the first time
The Reliable Cedar Roofing Professionals
Cedar shake is a specialty roofing product that requires a skilled crew to install it. Rojas Roofing in Noblesville has the experience needed to ensure a quality installation. We are committed to providing only the best when it comes to your home and will guide you through the entire process from start to finish. You are going to love your new and natural cedar roof!
Call us today to schedule a free estimate.
Types of Cedar Roofs Roofs We Install
Cedar Shake Roofing
Cedar shake roofing is cut by hand, rather than by a machine. Because each piece is made individually, there is more variance and the pieces are not uniform. This can greatly add to the aesthetic of your home and give it a more rustic look. However, you need to make sure an experienced roofer handles the installation. If not done properly, the different-sized pieces can leave your roof susceptible to gaps and leaks. At Rojas Roofing, we have installed many cedar shake roofs and will make sure your roof is water-tight.
The Pros and Cons of Cedar Roofing
When making your selection about the type of cedar roofing to fit your needs, there will be pros and cons. We have broken down the list for you:
Pros of Cedar Roofing
- Curb Appeal: The natural wood look of cedar roofs makes it a unique and beautiful roofing choice.
- Longevity: When well-maintained, you can get a lot of life out of your cedar roof!
- Weather-resistant: Cedar roofs stand up well to heavy rains, strong winds, and other severe weather conditions. They require fewer repairs than other roofing types after a bad storm.
Cons of Cedar Roofing
- Drying Issues: Since cedar roofing materials are made from trees, they are more prone to drying out. That means your home is more susceptible to fire damage, cracking, and pest issues.
- Expensive: Cedar roofing is not the most expensive roofing option, but it’s certainly not the cheapest. Especially if you opt for cedar shake, you will be paying a higher price.
- Maintenance: Beauty is pain…right? Just like other beautiful aspects of your home, you will need to spend more time maintaining your cedar roof to keep it in tip-top condition.
Cedar Roof FAQs
What is it made from?
Cedar roofing materials are made from – you guessed it, cedar! They really do come from trees. Cedar itself is a very durable tree and makes a great roofing material.
Does it cost more than regular asphalt shingles?
Cedar shake costs more than asphalt shingles, but they are an entirely different material. They are an all-natural material that takes extra precision and care to install.
How many years will a cedar roof last?
With proper maintenance, your cedar roof will last up to 25 years.
What is the most durable cedar material?
Western red cedar is the most resistant to rot and decay. It has one of the longest lifespans of all North American softwood cedar trees. It’s also the most abundant type.
Want to learn more? Get a free estimate scheduled with our cedar roofing professionals.